You may insert an image into the text that will be placed inside of a text frame, and the text will wrap around it. Select the first paragraph where you want to insert the image, and then press the button to insert a new image . A dialog appears where you specify the width and height of the image.
Then you can work with a floating picture in similar way as with embedded images, however it is not possible to change its position – that is defined by location of a text frame. Use the mouse to resize the image.
Some settings on the Design panel will change and some of them will be excessive:
- values entered on the sides of central colored field in the dialogue Design are used to set margins of the text, you may individually specify the top, bottom, left and right margins. These values may be also negative. You may also or example, use a text frame, which itself uses the left inner margin 100 pixels. The entire text will be left-shifted by 100 pixels. If you insert a floating image now and set its left margin negative as -100, it will be located by 100 pixels to the left against the text, i.e. on frame margin level
- group of switches Float – determines the mode of flow:
- left – image is placed on the left edge and text flows around it from the right
- right – image is placed on the right edge and text flows around it from the left
- left without flow – image is placed on the left edge but text does not flow and further continues below the image
- center without flow – image is centered to the middle and text continues below
- right without flow – image is placed on the right edge and text continues below